Be sure to join our LinkedIn Group and stay in touch with what is happening at PADNUG!
Email announcements and job opportunities will be sent via the PADNUG LinkedIn Group.
The primary goal of the group is to allow software developers in the Portland area share ideas, promote collaboration, and exchange knowledge regarding Microsoft's .NET.
Anyone is welcome to join the user group at any time during the year, although the user group reserves the right to revoke any membership at any time.
Regular meetings are to be held throughout the year. The time and location of these meetings will be the subject of a bi-annual vote.
Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
Any user group member is welcome to start a special interest group (such as ASP.NET MVC, EF, Azure, etc). However, if that group is going to be associated with the PADNUG they must conform to the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
The following is the typical meeting format we use:
6:00 - 6:30
Food and Mixer. Members can chat informally amongst themselves and beginners can ask questions. There is often representatives from several recruiting agencies available during this period. This is the time for food and refreshments.
6:30 – 6:45
Housekeeping announcements. Talk about upcoming meetings. Allow sponsors and guests to provide news and information. Highlight new developments that members may not yet be aware of.
6:45 – 8:30
The president's role is to be the master-of-ceremonies, ensuring the meetings run smoothly and maintaining a high membership approval rating of the group. The president solicits sponsorships to help offset group logistic funding, giveaways, or other special events. The president is the final decision maker regarding group activities.
The Vice President should be able to fulfill all the responsibilities of the President in the event the president is not available.
The Treasurer is responsible for the funds, both from corporate/organizational sponsorships as well as membership dues, if PADNUG dues are ever collected.
• Makes sure no attacks (anything libelous) on people or companies occurs on the list
• Ensures spam-related email does not enter the list
• Makes sure conversations stay on-topic for PADNUG-related discussions
• Maintains mailing list user subscription and assists list members with any list-related issues
• Basically takes care of the list
• Advertises meetings and events to mailing lists, newspapers, other UG's, and other appropriate media
• Responsible for determining and implementing effective ways to promote PADNUG and expand membership
• Assists Speaker Coordinator and Event Coordinator as needed
• Basically drives excitement for PADNUG in the local area
The website director is responsible for all things related to the website. This will include maintaining the site, keeping the content current, and maintaining the data backend, such as the membership database.